Thursday, May 8, 2008

Random Childhood Memories

This one's more for the siblings and cousins than grandparents. I had a random moment yesterday as I was preparing finger paints for Gabe at the sink. Something about the smell of the paint, soap and water together evoked the memory of playing in the backyard for hours with Jen, Cath and Jaye composing and choreographing shampoo commercials by the pool. I remember my shampoo of choice was "white rain" and we came up with a little catchy song that I sang on the diving board before gleefully jumping in with my shampoo bottle. What about you guys? Do you remember this? Who had the Prell commercial?! Did we have fun or what?! We could talk about our Disney plays but I think that's for a whole other post...

2 comments:

Catherine Berg said...

Hi Cal,
I do remember your "white Rain"... How funny. We sure did have fun !!! I just love that you are keeping up with your blog. IT is so fun to check it daily, and keep updated with your family. I especially love the pictures you have posted. I cant wait to see your children!! Maybe when you are here, you can show me quick how to set up a blog for the Bergs.
Love you,
Cath

Anonymous said...

hey! I remember the Prell one, so was that me??
I was actually having flashbacks the other day because the New Kids on the Block are having a little reunion tour or something, and of course i thought of you all..
we sure did have fun!!!
love you all!!
Jaye