Monday, May 5, 2008

Nature Walks and other fun things





Moments from our weekend up in Malvern. Bummer I didn't think to take pics with Great Uncle John and Great Aunt Sherry! I was camera happy at the nature center and also totally forgot to take pics with Grandad Pierce; although I assure you my mother probably has plenty. All together it was a great visit. Here's a rather funny tidbit: I had packed a plastic potty for John Paul thinking it would be a much easier way for him to relieve himself on the road (the thought of taking 3 kids in a stroller into a rest stop is pretty much my nightmare). I thought we could just pull over, he'd use it, I'd pack up the goods and throw them out. Done deal. Well, poor John Paul didn't have to go until the last 10 minutes of the trip home. I apologized and didn't stop until we were in our home parking spot. With tears in his eyes but very determined, he insisted on using the plastic "car trip" potty even though we were home. It was a dramatic ending to the whole thing but it all worked out. Thank God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does Monica ever stop smiling? She is so cute and reminds me of a baby Carolyn that I remember!

Unknown said...

hahaha. that was a great blog, Cal. fun to see Monica coming into her own. and glad you had such a beautiful weekend trip.