Thursday, May 8, 2008

Greg's Graduation

Tomorrow I head out to Steubenville for Greg's graduation. Luis has to stay back to facilitate First Holy Communions on Saturday and the last Sunday of CCD. I almost cancelled the trip because I was so anxious about how the kids would handle the long car ride and all of the events. Everything has worked out wonderfully. We snatched up a hotel room in the Hampton, the same one Mom, Dad and John are staying in. And our room has a jacuzzi. So if nothing else, the kids will enjoy the hotel! Emily will be with us for the car ride also which is a huge bonus. Anyhow, we're all proud of Greg. He's finished all of his credits! I can't wait to see him in the cap and gown. He's truly put out a great effort to get to this point. I heard through the grapevine that he even took a painting course this past semester. He'd better not throw away those projects because we all want to see Greg's inner artist! I'm also looking forward to hitting some of my favorite spots on campus...like the steal cross where Luis and I would meet in the wee hours of the morning in the midst of pulling all nighters to finish papers. And of course there's the Portiuncula where I spent countless hours sitting in the simplicity of the stone chapel getting to know God hidden in the monstrance. I just love that whole area with the Marian grotto, the Stations of the Cross and the tomb for the unborn. I joked with Em about taking a run down the halls of Tommy More dorm with the double stroller. Dad has not been to FUS since before his accident so I'm sure he will enjoy the weekend very much. Well, let's hope for safe travels and I hope to post lots of fun pictures Sunday night!

No comments: