Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hola! from Minnesota

We've been in Minnesota for a week now staying with the Browns in good old West St. Paul. So far the trip has included: one eye infection (me of course), Sunday Mass at the beloved St. Michael's with the classic coffee and donuts afterwards, a great choral concert and party following (classic Brown style with all kinds of delicious food), a trip to the Nature center, fishing with the boys, the zoo, lots of Caribou Coffee (our midwestern espresso of choice) and lots of good moments at the house (meals, games etc.). We look forward to Gemma's Baptism on Friday afternoon. By the way, a belated Happy Birthday shout out to Cath who celebrated her b-day this past Monday the 19th! (27 right?! I can't even keep track of my own age let alone htat of my siblings). We'll be staying with Cath and Tom next week and I'll take more opportunities to post stories and pictures there. Thanks to Grandma AnaMaria, Grandpa George and Uncle Andres for hosting us here on Christensen Ave. and putting up with the early morning chatter of our children. Welcome to our world guys! And if I could only sign out with a recorded version of my "up north" accent (which is actually pretty good) I'd give you all a warm Minnesotan goodbye...
PS- By the way...I'l get Luis to post on this sooner or later. He's just not that into it yet...but just you wait!
PPS-Shout Out Thank You to Emily for taking care of Nemo our fish and watering our gardens!
PPPS- Shout Out Hello to Greg who apparently has taken over our living room using our computer to continue his job search/ resume project. Enjoy the comfy couch!
PPPPS- Shout Out Hi to Jen. I got kinda used to taking care of her over last week because she's so sick and pregnant. We look forward to seeing ALOT of you and Lydia when we return!
PPPPPS- Shout Out to my bro John. I had a blast last week in the kitchen with you and Greg. We came up with the philosophical connection between cooking and architecture...art, science and pleasure. Look forward to more lazy Summer evenings. Don't you dare get too busy with a class and work to come over for chill our time at our house.
PPPPPPS- The above is actually my typed version of a Minnesota goodbye which is ridiculously long and sentimental. Hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Come on Luis we want to hear from you too :)
Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

too funny! i LOVED your Minnesota goodbye! i'm still laughing!!!!