Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Priceless

Dad's comment on the Drama Queen post down below:

"dEAR Carolyn, You are so right.I used to see those drama queens every day, but it's slow for me right now unless it's a vacation.I get to se the grand kahuna right every day." Lov, Dad

Mom/Grand Kahuna- We love you!

Thank God we can all have a sense of humor about ourselves. Life would be really sad if we didn't see how crazy and silly we really are. Somehow it comes out more with family. At the beginning of the Beach Week, Cath and I were speculating that there would probably be some tensions- a totally inevitable reality when adult siblings live together under the same roof for more than 3 minutes.
My final thought is:
What is it about being with family that makes one act like a 10 to 13 year old and not an adult?!!! I'm sure some of my aunts could relate when they're at Sandy Cove.
I like remembering what John Paul's namesake said about the matter: "Family is the school of love." Sometimes I want to jump out the window and find a different "school" but isn't that just all part of the testing?

3 comments:

teresa anthony said...

"Family is the school of Love" - oh, AMEN! JP2, you rock!

My mom (Grammy) has been teaching me the truth and wisdom of that quote my entire life!

Mary Kate said...

I love your blog! I check it everyday and I love seeing pictures of your family!
The beach looked like a lot of fun!
I love you all,
Love, Mary Kate

The Schultz Family said...

Ah, family. Each one is wonderful in its own lovely way, and disfunctional in its own wacky way. We can drive one other crazy, but what a lonely world without each other.

Love ya,
Cathy