Sunday, July 20, 2008

A cheesy thank you to Angie

So anyone that has gone grocery shopping in the past week and cares to look at the tabloid headlines must have noticed that Brad & Angelina welcomed 2 more babies into their family. In my own little way, I'm consoled that there's a wildly famous woman out there finding great fulfillment in mothering...and to many children at that. Luis and I don't exactly share a common world view with Brad & Angelina. But for those of us who may be excited about having a larger family or adopting some day, I'm going to take a corny moment to say, "Thanks Angie!"

2 comments:

Catherine Berg said...

Congrats Brad and Angie - 6 kids is impressive!!

teresa anthony said...

I'll have to wait until I go to the eye doctor in August to read the details of Brangelina's new twins in People. Although the magazine headlines at the grocery store always annoy me a bit. They only refer to Shiloh (isn't that their biological daughter?) and her adjustment, and tend to ignore the adopted kids.

It's my little dark secret that yes, I'm admitting on the World Wide Web - at all doctor and dentist office waiting rooms, I always grab Newsweek (to look intelligent) and People in the waiting rooms of doctors offices - but then I never actually open Newsweek, and instead I fill up on celebrity gossip. Yikes!