Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Strasburg/Dutch Wonderland

Hi All (AKA anyone who cares),
Yesterday we enjoyed the Strasburg Railroad museum and train. It was pretty much amazing. The museum is priceless with a kid shop section that the boys loved with a passion. It was a long room just filled with all kinds of mini train exhibits complete with several kid sized train tables and a reading corner with train books galore. It felt so authentic- like old men who have been obsessed with trains for decades had spent years of their lives constructing every inch of the room. We rode the Strasburg railroad with Mom & Dad. It was an exciting process as they weren't exactly as handicap accessible as the steam train at Disney. But Mom managed well and Dad survived.
Today we head out to Dutch Wonderland and hope to stop by Mark Oles' house afterwards to view his home train exhibit.
Overall, we've enjoyed this small tour of Lancaster. I have a feeling we'll be back sooner than later to Strasburg...

4 comments:

Catherine Berg said...

Hav fun at Dutch Wonderland 1 I would just love to get there with the kids. Im glad to hear you guys are having such a nice time with Mom and Dad.
Love you,
Cath

Unknown said...

Boy I remember riding the train and Dutch Wonderland - what fun!!

teresa anthony said...

That little corner of the world is one of my favorite spots. Lots of great memories.

I'm so glad your boys loved the trains.

The Schultz Family said...

I love Strasburg Railroad, but oddly I think I've only taken the kids once, when they were about the age of your three, Cal. Your post made me realize that I want to take the family again next summer when we're in that neck of the woods.

I always love hearing about your family, and I'm so glad you're sharing your life with us via this blog!

Love ya,

Cathy