Monday, August 4, 2008

Another last year post



So I'm still stuck in last year because of my photo filing. Here's a shot almost exactly a year ago when I was too pregnant to function and battling a few infections. John and Greg both came out at different times to help me out. Here's a shot of the boys playing with their very cool Uncle John. I think I was supposed to be resting and I was out back doing some home projects. I go crazy nesting when I'm pregnant. When Greg came out it was so hot we could barely stay outside. So he helped me lift the kids into the car and we drove to this kid's gym called JW Tumbles and let the boys run around. To this day I still get a kick out of the image in my head of Greg towering over all the other Moms and babies at the kiddie gym! Greg- as I always say- you're a stud!
Anyhow, I'm posting this random shot of the boys stirring something for me in the kitchen sometime last Fall. This past year I had every good intention of enrolling them in gym classes and was in love with the idea of John Paul going to a Montessori atrium once a week. Well, reality set in when Monica was about 2 months. John Paul enjoyed his first few sessions at the atrium but then went on a stubborn strike refusing to go near the place. The gym classes never happened. I got overwhelmed by the expense of it and the thought of rushing them all out of the house to get to a "class" on time. In addition, Monica was my first baby to only sleep in her own bed for hours on end. So we stayed home. And sometimes I wonder what on earth we did. So to wrap up my post, I'm reflecting on this picture because it shows me that we actually did "do" things this past year. It worked for us. So maybe we were shut-ins, but we did bake once in a while!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can relate to staying home. With my first 2 we were on the go all the time - story times, parks, playdates - we were never home. Then Anna was born in late October and I was scared to death that she was going to get sick b/c it was winter (my other 2 were spring and summer babies). Zac was in school but Rose, Anna and I stayed in the house all winter. I still feel guilty for how much TV Rose watched (she has no memory of that time b/c she was only 3). Once the warm weather hit we were back on the go (and Anna promptly got pneumonia - of course)

Anonymous said...

JW Tumbles-what a great place. Or as Luis would say JW TUUUUUUMBBBLES.
Gabe looks ready to get down to business in the kitchen photo, I love it. Look forward to seeing more shots soon! Keep 'em coming Cal.

our little brown life said...

Wow- My whole world is a better place now that Greg has posted on my blog. Greg- I LOOOOOVE you. Keep the comments coming- they make my day. And please come back to DC soon for a visit.