Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Gabe!!!

Yesterday we celebrated Gabriel's 3rd Birthday here in Ocean City, NJ. (He's not flawlessly potty trained but we're happy to say he's in big boy "Thomas" underwear and I will not buy another package of size 4 diapers until Monica needs them). Yesterday he enjoyed a vanilla cake with a yellow truck on top, a birthday balloon with a red fire engine and as the gift his mother gave into her lesser instincts and purchased a "Little Einsteins Rocket Ride On." If you've never seen the show, you'll never get it, but it has basically rocked his world! What happened to the snobby Montessori mother who wouldn't buy any toy unless it was made with nontoxic painted wood? I don't know.
Gabe is such a joy of a creature and I am ever so thankful for my "surprise" second child. I don't know where I'd be without him. He enters into life with gusto. No matter what kind of mood I'm in, he'll always make me laugh. He has the eyes of his grandfather Fred with the twinkle that melts hearts. Thank you God for Gabe. I am humbled that he is my son.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Gabe! We hope to see all of you next week in NC - our home is your home!

Lorrie and Fred said...

Thanks Carolyn as always for the blog. More importantly, thank you for your vocation of marriage which has produced the miracle of Gabe. I'm honored to be his grandmother!