Monday, June 16, 2008

Back from Sandy Cove

We're back from the infamous Sandy Cove Family reunion on the Chesapeake. It's way too late for me to be thinking coherently but I had to check in to let you all know that I haven't stopped blogging. Even though it feels like talking to an empty room I'll keep it up because I realized over the reunion that a few relatives we're reading this but not commenting- Stinkers! Just kidding. But please do give me some love if you check this once or twice. It was a good time. The last time we did this was before babies and before Dad's injury so this time was a whole new experience. I'd venture to say that it was so much more meaningful this time around. The kids fell in love with their "cousins" (cousins once removed?- I can't figure that out). Every time I thought I had them tracked down one would join another pack of boys riding scooters wildly down a path. Or I'd find one among the girls walking hand in hand down the halls. And Monica was held by everyone. So overall it was a good time had by all as we attempted to converse among the chaos. Dad and Mom enjoyed a gorgeous view and Dad led everyone in Ravioli for old times sake. Luis and Matt even starred in an edgy skit spoofing Greg and Mark Shultz getting lost on the road- good one Luis! More about this all tomorrow when I can think more clearly. Ah, another recovery day awaits me. Perhaps I'll blog once or twice if the kids let me...

1 comment:

teresa anthony said...

Hi Carolyn,

We just stood on our porch and waved good bye to the Schultzes, so now I have a day or two to think clearly myself... at least until Monday when I pick up my friend Kristin for 10 days.

Sandy Cove really was a tremendous gift, and I would agree that it was very meaningful. To have been surrounded by incredible physical beauty, near perfect temperatures, and many of the people in this world that I love the most was a foretaste of heaven for sure!