Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tribute to Robin & Emily






So much has been going on over the past week I feel utterly behind! John Paul started school this past Tuesday. Did I mention I was a bit emotional about this?!
I've been keeping up with all the family blogs but haven't posted any comments. But I want to say that Jaye- you're in my prayers as you deal with this new diagnosis for Sharon and the scare of seizures. And congrats Benny Anthony for walking! Cathy & Mark- please don't stop blogging just because the school year has started- we still want to hear about your life in IL after all your adventures this Summer. Mom- thanks again for the Monica post. Jacqueline & Cath- Keep the pictures coming! I'm cutting "HeilStyle" a break since Jen is totally pregnant and moving to California.
This past weekend we were blessed with a visit from a dear friend of mine- Robin. I'm lucky enough to have a dear friend living next door (Emily) and another who lives far away in Boston but has graced us with two visits in the past year (Robin). The pictures above are actually from this past Fall's visit.
This past weekend my head was not quite on straight. (Did I mention my crazy mother emotions reacting to my oldest starting school?!!!). So I didn't get any pictures. BUT I wanted to post some anyway even though it was almost a year ago.
I love the ones of Robin stopping to smell the roses with the kids. The truly remarkable thing about Robin is the way she lives...and I mean truly lives. When life deals you crazy cards and you can still find joy in the smallest of things, you are a hero in my book. Robin lived through a nightmare over 2 years ago when her husband was killed in a really freak accident in Boston. She lived through it and is still living to the fullest...with faith.
Emily and I love when she has an excuse to visit us in DC! And the picture of Gabe & Em is priceless.
I'm lucky to have such good friends.

2 comments:

Catherine Berg said...

Great post, Cal! I love the photos. Your friends are beautiful friends and what a gift to be able to spend precious time with them. I am glad to hear that John Paul has started school, and he is enjoying it. What a big week for you all! We love you guys and miss you.
Oh yes, in response to Mom's post, the grass is always greener. I do love Old Town and desperately miss the East Coast. It is already sweatshirt weather here. I am so sad about it. Please enjoy those hot, sweaty days. I dont think that I sweat once this summer. It was not a hot summer.
Hugs to the whole family!!!

Lorrie and Fred said...

Thanks for this post, Carolyn. Your friends are very beautiful inside and out. All their sorrows and challenges have been met with such grace and faithfulness to Jesus. They are a great inspiration for us. Love you, Mom