Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sep 11

Today we're appreciating the break from the political noise about the election to the focus on the victims of 9/11. It's something I haven't attempted to explain to the boys yet but I'd like to take them to the Pentagon memorial sometime. It's quite busy over there today as well as I'm sure at ground zero in NYC. As our family has continued to heal from our own trauma on 5/22/04, I can only imagine the magnitude of healing that must continue to take place in the hearts of the thousands of families affected by the immense national trauma we remember today.

1 comment:

Catherine Berg said...

Hi Cal,
Thanks for the good reminder of all those who are suffering from this day 7 years ago. It is hard to believe it was already that long ago.
On a lighter not, I have been wanting to thank you again for the 'Sports Signing Time' for Jack's birthday. I have not been able to get him to sit to watch any video, because he is so active, and I cant get him to stop watching this one. He is literally OBSESSED with it. He sings the songs all day long, and will watch it over and over agian. When I finally turn it off, he cries real tears. It is so funny. So thanks for the great gift - it was the perfect gift for him. He LOVES his video.